Thursday, July 17, 2014

Short and Simple: To All the Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han

Click on the book to be redirected to the Goodreads page.

To All the Boys I've Loved Before - Jenny Han

After eyeing this book for months, I finally read it and ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT! I've been an avid fan of Jenny Han's contemporaries for so long- with Shug and The Summer I Turned Pretty, I was hooked! Burn for Burn was a bit of a disappointment but she definitely came back with this one! I can go on and on about what I love. I truly became attached to the narrator and her family. Everything was realistic and just screamed Jenny Han. I had no clue the love interest was Peter; I assumed it would be Josh but after reading halfway, I found myself falling for Peter and I was thinking, "Oh no, I have second lead syndrome. Story of my life," but trick was on her (actually still me) because Peter was the main lead! Peter was adorable and just AMAZING. I loved his faults and how this isn't a typical love story. Josh could have been more developed; I felt nothing much with him, but I understand why he played such a small role. I am SO excited for the sequel where we get to explore another boy from her letters~ I can't wait!

FIVE STARS!

Side note: When someone would interrupt me while I was reading, I would just exclaim, "THIS BOOK IS SO GOOD, OH MY GOSH." You can ask my mom; she can verify it.

Love you lots,
Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment