Monday, March 19, 2012

Short and Simple: Dreaming Awake

Synopsis of the prequel can be found here and this book's synopsis can be found here.
My Review:
I found this to be a huge improvement from Falling Under! Her prose was incredible. Her writing flowed so well and it was hard to step away from the book! The romance was so incredibly steamy which is good once in awhile, if you know what I mean. ;)
I forgot most of Falling Under (the prequel) but Gwen Hayes managed to refresh me on all the necessary events that occurred in the previous book, which is crucial to the whole book's development!
My only fault in this book was that this whole plot/story seemed totally unoriginal. I mean... bad boy likes girl but could potentially kill her, tries to stay away, can't resist, end up together... Doesn't that sound like most YA these days? Ugh. Despite the imitative story line, her prose was amazing and I'm definitely reading her future books! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment