Friday, March 16, 2012

Short and Simple: Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver

Hi everyone :) This is my first review, so here we go...

Click on the book to be redirected to the Goodreads page.

Pandemonium - Lauren Oliver

Boy oh boy did I love it! *Takes deep, deep breaths*Lena was so strong and brave, which is a relief these days. I found it easy to connect with her, as well as Julian. Julian was really easy to love, even with all of his silly beliefs at first!
The plot was excellent! I was on the edge of my seat, waiting for what would happen next, throughout the whole book!
The layout of the book was confusing at times, switching from one timeline to another. But other times, it was pure genius! I felt the "Now" and "Then" were two separate stories and whenever I had to switch to the other one, it would usually leave me at a cliffhanger- just pure genius! This layout made the reader read more, you just couldn't!
The writing was lyrical and stunningly beautiful. In Before I Fall and Delirium, I didn't love the writing to be frank. The descriptions were so long, and it was just too easy to skim and get distracted. But in this story, there was definitely more action and dialogue to keep the reader enraptured and interested!
There was one thing I felt the author should have focused more on. She needed to really recap everything that happened in Delirium. Because some readers, like me, forget EVERYTHING, and I mean EVERYTHING in the prequel. Coming into this, I did not know the main character's name (Lena) and the love interest. Or the premise. So, when the author referenced these different places and events from Delirium, I was SO confused.
Other than that, this book was stunning!
5 stars!
I recommend this to dystopian and romance lovers. :)
(WARNING: Please be ready for a stunning cliffhanger and be prepared to be on some emotional roller coasters. Thank you.)

xx Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment