Sunday, January 24, 2016

Anime Review: Akatsuki no Yona

*Click above to be redirected to the anime page!*

Akatsuki No Yona


So for the past three years I haven't watched any anime. Sure, I have tried one episode of series recommended to me but usually I just don't have the interest of continuing and finishing the series. The other day I went to my cousins house and she recommended me two animes- one didn't really interest me and the other- the concept sounded so weird and out of my element and I thought that I wouldn't like it... but I turned out to freaking love it. And that series was Akatsuki no Yona.

I managed to finish all 24 episodes within two days. That's how obsessed I am about this. What I really like about the series is that there is a storyline and it has a really driven plot. There is the goal at the end and you can clearly see the steps that need to be taken in order to reach the goal. That's what I like in a series because I don't really like it when a character just goes about their life. I'm sure a lot of people do enjoy that kind of series but since I want to try to get back to anime, I wanted a series that really spoke to me.

I find Yona's character development to be really great and I love all the characters that are in the series. I even like the "villain" who has a complex arc.

Definitely an anime you will enjoy if you like fantasy!

xx Jennifer 

P.S. This was written months ago and I just found this in my drafts.

No comments:

Post a Comment