Sunday, January 31, 2016

Cheeky Review of The Wrath and the Dawn by Renee Ahdieh

*Click on the book above to be redirected to the Goodreads page.*
The Wrath and the Dawn by Renee Ahdieh

This book was a mix of emotions for me.

It really lacked in plot and centered on the unrealistic romance that I couldn't understand to have blossomed from supposed enemies. Khalid's excuse for killing his previous brides really didn't meet my expectations. Their love was too immediate; I didn't see what made her the special one to not get killed. 99% of this book was just her pining for him and vice versa and the other 1% was her unsuccessfully trying to talk herself out of it. This book felt like it was just building up to the action that is to come in The Rose and the Dagger.


Despite these grievances, I really enjoyed Renee Ahdieh's way with words; they flowed so well. And, if you don't know already, I love any and all romance, even unsensible ones. So throughout this book, while I was rolling my eyes because of the whole situation, a part of me felt as Shazi felt because why not give yourself all the way into a book...? The most breathtaking thing is THE COVER. Drooling. The cover is literally the salvation, making me want to get the next book.

xx Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment