Thursday, February 11, 2016

Mr. Robot Season 1 Review !!


Mr. Robot Review



After watching the Golden Globes the other night & seeing Mr. Robot rack up so many awards, I knew I had to watch.

The premise, if you don't know, is about Elliot, a cybersecurity firm employee by daytime and a hacker by nighttime. He gets an offer from Mr. Robot to hack the biggest conglomerate in the world, Evil Corp, and get rid of their databases so people can have their debts erased and get a fresh start. Essentially, this show is for the 99%-ers.

I'll be honest- the first few episodes did nothing for me. I got a little more than I expected, with Elliot being a drug addict and slightly insane. The plot was alright although slightly confusing. The supposed villain, Tyrell, intrigued me definitely though.

Episode 7/8 is when it really started to hook me. There is such a cobweb of plot twists that make sense and also blow your freaking mind. The connections the characters have as well as the mental sanity/insanity of certain characters (ahem Elliot cough Tyrell). It's the acting in the last few episodes that makes me appreciate Rami's and Martin's acting intensely- they are GODS!

Also, can we appreciate how the main lead is Egyptian?! Talk about cool diversity!

Plus, this drama does amazing social commentary on the current state of society in terms of our growing class-ism and the divide social media creates. It also promotes cyber safety awareness and uses real hacker language- you can really see the tech & jargon of programming, which as a computer science nerd, I adore.

Overall, I am impressed with how, despite my early doubts, Mr. Robot managed to keep me hooked and now I rave about it to every person I see.

xx Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment