Monday, February 15, 2016

Cheeky Review of Kindred Spirits by Rainbow Rowell

*Click on the book above to be redirected to the Goodreads page!*

Kindred Spirits by Rainbow Rowell


I fortunately got the opportunity to read this ebook before its release & give an honest review, which is as follows:

"This is a really short and sweet read from Rainbow Rowell. It has the components of a cheesy chick lit with two angsty teens who meet fortuitously. Unfortunately, I felt a little disconnected with Elena because of her childish nature and the implausibility of the situation. Many times, the teen jargon seemed forced and contrived like the Instagram posts and likes in order to relate to the audience. Also, I found it hard to believe that any mother would let her daughter sleep on the streets with two men (even though Rowell did try to address that)... Or that a girl would camp outside without any girlfriends. Despite these drawbacks, the inner nerd in me still jumped in excitement with all of the Star Wars references and the sparks of romance between Gabe and Elena were a good tease for something more. This was a good read for me as I wait for Rowell's next contemporary which is bound to amaze."

I have read Eleanor & Park and Fangirl (& am trying to get through Carry On which is a struggle), So this book definitely did not live up to these standards whatsoever which was such a disappointment.

Overall, I'd recommend you guys pass on this book. :(

About to post TV show reviews and kdrama reviews! Expect lots more!

xx Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment