Sunday, March 13, 2016

Cheeky Review of Ouroboros - Japanese Drama


Ouroboros
Summary from Wiki: This series is about two men, one a detective and another a member of the yakuza, who seek to find the truth about a murder that happened twenty years ago which was clamped down by the police.

This was actually my very first jdrama and it was pretty good! I find the way it's filmed a little subpar compared to the kdramas I watched and there were some comedic aspects that I remember used in anime as well that was a little over-exaggerated (like Ikuo & his smell). 

The story/case is engaging but after watching Signal, this case definitely dragged on and on. There were so many freaking flashbacks when I just wanted it to concentrate on the story and end it swiftly. I appreciate the acting and I really think the ending fits the story. I only dislike the way Tacchan ends... (you'll see what I mean) It didn't fit his character. 

Overall pretty good but not amazing. It didn't really tug at my heartstrings which is a sign...

xx Jennifer

P.S. Will get a book review to you guys soon! 

1 comment:

  1. I thought the dorama was superb. The acting of both lead actors was compelling and the ending fitting for both characters. The pace was okay, it made you develop a connection with the multi-faceted Ikuo and Danno.

    ReplyDelete