Saturday, March 19, 2016

Double Review: Daredevil Season 2 & 10 Cloverfield Lane


10 Cloverfield Lane


I came into this movie with no knowledge other than seeing online that it was a "scifi" while my friend said it was a thriller. Definitely trust what my friend says, this movie really is no way a scifi, it's just a suspenseful thriller. I felt like nothing really important happened in this movie, just a boring moment after the next. Of course, there were a few creepy scenes as one would suspect from a thriller, but... nothing happened! For a thriller, it does keep you on your toes, but ultimately I finished this movie unsatisfied. The scifi element was tame at best and still unexplained at all; it left a lot of questions without any answers!! (Like Megan, the "attack" on Earth, etc.) Overall, definitely overhyped!


Daredevil Season 2


I've been waiting for this for a long time and I binged this in 2 days! This season was definitely amazing, while not quite like the first season. This season lacked a definite villain (for better or for worse, you decide) & I ended up missing Wilson Fisk. The two characters introduced, the Punisher and Elektra, are equally engaging though and add a lot of darkness into this story and complicate Daredevil's path. There's much more violence and action this season which was a little tedious for me & I kind of missed Daredevil since it focused so much other characters. The plot is rapid and intense and does answer questions as well as pose questions not only about the story but about American society itself, especially the debate with the 2nd Amendment through the Punisher storyline. I didn't really like the dual romantic interests with Karen & Elektra; it did feel a little excessive. Like many say, the romance with Karen was a little forced.
Overall though, BRILLIANT acting, thought-provoking storyline and plot, and perfectly executed action scenes. I'm already waiting for a season 3... !

Hope you enjoyed these two reviews,
xx Jennifer

P.S. I should have a Heart of Betrayal review up soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment