Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Cheeky Review of Lady Midnight by Cassandra Clare

*Click the cover above to be redirected to the Goodreads page!*

Lady Midnight by Cassandra Clare



What a long, long book.

My thoughts coming into this book were that this Shadowhunter franchise has been so longwinded and I felt really apprehensive about this. However, the reviews stated that this book was the best of the whole Shadowhunter world and had to be read. So, I did just that.

Let me just say that this is primarily a romance novel. It's not what I consider fantasy, so I feel like it needed more focus on fantasy because 668 pages of romance is kind of a lot. The downfall of this book in my opinion is its length- it's so descriptive without having to be- this book could be condensed in maybe 400 pages. The story was nice and interesting but not ENGAGING. Any loose ends are wrapped up nicely though. And I do really love how each character is fleshed out completely.

The romance is pretty darn good. It's another "forbidden romance" and anything forbidden is automatically more enticing. Although, there are lengthy descriptions of "his collarbone" or other minute details since they are oh so in love... So if you are looking for a romance with a touch of fantasy, this might be the book for you.

xx Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment