Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Salt to the Sea Review

*Click the cover above to go to the Goodreads page!*

Salt to the Sea



I was so worried that this book would disappoint me because I absolutely loved Between Shades of Grey, but it far exceeded my expectations.

I freaking LOVED this book; it's definitely in my collection of favorites. The story itself is so unique in the fact that it's founded on a real, hidden tragedy of World War II- I'm in awe of the time and research she put into this book. Such a tale with truths woven in.

The four personalities are so distinct; she really captured their voices so well. I think I speak for everyone in that Alfred's chapters were difficult to read. I enjoyed how the characters' fates started to weave together; I think I enjoyed Emilia's the much. The foreshadowing in this book is so real, man, it's so surreal to look back and see all the hints Ruta dropped.

Despite the tragedies in this book, I managed to get through without crying mainly because of the beauty of the characters and the heart and soul of this book. I absolutely loved this & recommend to everyone. What a book. (Also I finished this in one day- a really quick read!)

xx Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment