Friday, July 31, 2015

Review of Fragments by Dan Wells

Click the book to be redirected to the Goodreads page.

Fragments by Dan Wells


AHHHHHH this book. Dan Wells really knows how to craft a dystopian novel.

I am not sure why, but I had been avoiding this book for a long time. Probably because the book was LONG and I forgot everything from Partials.

Luckily, Dan Wells managed to get me through and understand most of it! His writing is very descriptive and stylistic, despite its bleak topic. Speaking of, the whole book had a very dry, stark feel that was quite depressing to read about- but not something that could be avoided. The protagonists had to go through the struggles he set up in the book; it was the only fair thing he could have done to the characters.

The plot and story were really complex and developed well (while I didn't really care for Marcus' or Haru's perspective...) and I found myself on the edge of my seat for the cure to the RM virus and Partials' expiration date. Dan Wells really did the science fiction genre justice. So much sci-fi to last you a lifetime.

Of course, he managed to squeeze the barest of romance in there. It managed to satisfy me but definitely not detract from the whole story. (Kira x Sam all the way!) Some might say the romance was forced and unnecessary, which a small part of me agrees with but I just can't help but enjoy the romance. I can't help it!

Overall, I am just SO IMPRESSED with Dan Wells' creativity in this construction of the dystopia and all of the twists and turns. There really aren't enough true sci-fi YA books out there; this book be breaking boundaries! (such slang)

Have 9 books left on my TBR pile from the library... what will I read next? ;)

xx Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment