Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Short and Simple: Fire and Flood by Victoria Scott

Click the book to be redirected to the Goodreads page.

Fire and Flood by Victoria Scott


I have been in a reading slump and this book luckily helped me through that!

I read this book over a week on a cruise ship so perhaps my feelings towards it are due to my elation on the ship but this book didn't really live up to the hype...? 

The concept was so similar to the Hunger Games; it had a predictable plot; the writing was quite bland... and worst of all, the romance was SO, SO forced and only there to please the teen girls undoubtedly reading the book. It didn't really engage me the way I wanted to (then again, maybe because I was on a cruise and had so many other things to do). 

Despite the many faults I pointed out, I think the book did offer a bit more originality with "the Cure" and I'm definitely looking forward to what Victoria Scott does with the sequel.

xx Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment